Planning your webdesign
There are a few components to consider when choosing a webdesigner and web hosting company.
1) Envision Website
Knowing exactly what you want and need on your website, gives clear and concise information that will provide you with a more accurate quote. It will ensure that both you and your webdesign company have a clear understanding of what you are looking for. You need to consider exactly what purpose your website will serve and the content it will include as well as the information about the number of pages you would like for your website. Don't forget about functionality - what do I want my website to do ? - Pretty is not all you need to think about.
Sometimes you can get more value for your money when you hire two different professional companies. One to handle the webdesign and another for the web hosting. Although it is far more convenient to hire one professional company that can take care of webdesign and web hosting.
When you meet with your webdesigner and/or web host, you must ask for a webdesign portfolio containing references, good customer feedback and prices. Make sure you contact at least 2 of the companies in their portfolio to spot check that they are in fact real references.
It is vital to work well with your webdesigner and we bhost. You should maintain a good relationship to discuss your needs and wants for your website as well as keeping in touch about the progress of your website.
5) Get Legal
It is very important to research the company's policy with regards to quotes and policy. Some may charge extra to make changes, while others may include it in the initial quote. You should sign a contract but make sure you understand exactly what it entails before doing so. While every minute counts with every webdesign company it is important to understand the basic principle of wanting and paying. Set out a clear scope of work and know that additions will cost more if deviates from the original webdesign quote.
6) What do you want your web site to do for you
Would you ever want to build up a database of clients that you can continuously sell to? Do you only want simple webdesign and web presence? The reason why this is important is to from scratch decide on a Database driven content managed website or Static webdesign. In today's aggressive internet market it is almost impossible to get any return on investment without a Database driven web site. Cheaper yes, but static webdesign is fading away with the up and coming Web2.0 trend.
- The important characteristics of webdesign
Type of Content - the design of your website usually depends on the type of content. The webdesign should be consistent with the content and should be able to please the targeted market.
- User-friendly - your webdesign should be user-friendly to first time users with navigational concepts.
- Navigational Concepts - this makes exploring a website a lot easier for beginners with the most basic navigational concepts.
- Eye-pleasing - while your website should be eye-catching, it should also be eye-pleasing with hundreds of different colours and fonts, one can over do it. A professional webdesigner knows what colours work well together and what emotions they provoke. A professional can create a well-arranged, beautiful website that is pleasing to the eyes.